The novel coronavirus outbreak has worsened since our first report two weeks ago: Infections have increased by more than 1,300%. This year, about 16% of vessel sailings from China to the West Coast were voided due to the Chinese New Year holiday, and a further 7% were voided because of the coronavirus, bringing the total to 23%. Beginning next week and lasting for at least the next three weeks, West Coast imports will fall off due to the Chinese New Year and then the coronavirus.
You have selected content that's only available to members of FreightWaves Passport. As a member, you gain immediate access to the most in-depth and informative freight research available. It's your gateway to continuing education.
Members also get:
Access to exclusive community dedicated to discussing the most important challenges facing freight.
Monthly and Quarterly Freight Market reports keeping you informed of industry trends.
Much, much more!
Click below to learn more and sign up today!
Existing Passport subscribers may log in using the form below.
John Paul conducts research on multimodal freight markets and holds a Ph.D. in English literature from the University of Michigan. Prior to building a research team at FreightWaves, JP spent two years on the editorial side covering trucking markets, freight brokerage, and M&A.